Garlic & mushroom bruschetta
PUBLISHED: 16:55 16 January 2014 | UPDATED: 16:41 12 May 2014
Quick and easy to prepare this garlic and mushroom brushetta recipe makes an excellent choice for brunch or lunch.
Preparation time: 5 mins.
Cooking time: 10 mins.
• 6ml / 1/2tbsp olive oil
• 2 shallots, chopped
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 225g/8oz button mushrooms, halved
• 3 tbsp dry white wine (or water)
• 1 (200g) pot half fat crème frâiche
• 4 slices ciabatta bread
• 4 large eggs
• a dash of vinegar
• snipped fresh chives to serve
1. Heat the oil in a medium pan, add the shallots and garlic and cook for 2-3mins or until soft. Add the mushrooms and cook for a further 3mins or until the juices have come out of the mushrooms.
2. Increase the heat, add the wine, (or water) and cook over a high heat until the liquid has evaporated. Season well, then stir in the crème frâiche. Gently reheat until hot and set aside.
3. Meanwhile, bring a large frying pan of salted water to the boil. Add the vinegar. Carefully crack the each of the eggs into a saucer, then tip gently into the simmering water. Cook for 3-4mins or until the eggs are cooked to your liking. Lift from the water with a slotted spoon.
4. Lightly toast the bread, then top with the mushroom mixture. Place a poached egg on top and serve garnished with snipped fresh chives.